Back in the early 2000s Salesforce invented a term that put its biggest competitor, Oracle, in a bind. They called themselves “the cloud” and Oracle, “on-premise,” because Oracle’s servers existed on premises. The term stuck. In fact, it gained such wide adoption, even Oracle’s sales reps started using it, as they explained, desperately, why “on-premise” was a good thing. It was a semantic blow Oracle never recovered from and Salesforce is now the CRM market leader.
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team doing that. We’re looking for you—that someone who loves to chase big ideas and fit them into small packages and tell compelling stories.
You probably haven’t heard of Salto but that’s only because we don’t have you yet. What we can tell you is this: This opportunity rivals Salesforce’s. This role requires direct exposure to founders who’ve been doing this for 20 years and sold their last three companies. And it involves using your writing and marketing talents to build a community around an idea and a philosophy.
We’d love to share all the details, and a bit about that story you’ll help us tell. Fill out an application and let’s chat?
What we are looking for
- Someone who brings a new and interesting perspective to the team, and who excels at telling stories on a deadline. To be perfectly clear, we’re not saying that someone must meet every single qualification in this job posting. We’re looking for smart people who hit a lot of these points who are willing to learn.
- You are a fluent English speaker with outstanding verbal and written communication.
- You’re a master storyteller with experience crafting copy and creative for B2B tech.
- You are tech savvy, able to quickly grasp technological concepts and break them down in layman's terms. (This is vital, as Salto's product and target audience are very technical.)
- You have a strong understanding of SEO and content distribution channels such as social, email, community forums, and PR.
- You are an analytical, diligent, creative doer who thrives in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- You can effectively partner with engineers, sales people, designers, and other marketers.
What you will be doing
- Primarily planning, writing, and editing copy, as well as working closely with a designer.
- Creating blog posts, research reports, white papers, articles, web pages, landing pages, video scripts, social media posts, newsletters, ad copy, and more.
- Helping the company maintain a consistent and compelling narrative, style, and brand voice, with all the good SEO considerations.
- Tracking, testing, and refining content across channels.
- Developing and managing a content calendar.
- Leading organic content distribution efforts across different channels including social, email, web, media and community forums.
- Supporting PR with press releases, bylines, executive talking points, media briefs, and other types of external communications.
Skills and requirements
- Ideally you’ve had a few stints at tech startups and are ready for more responsibility.
- 1-3 years of experience in B2B tech content marketing, journalism, or another business writing capacity.
- A strong sense of verbal and visual storytelling.
- An understanding of the business dynamics, economics, and technology behind SaaS companies.
- Experience with developing and managing multiple distribution channels including email, social, web, media and community forums, and working with a variety of marketing tools including HubSpot and Google Analytics.